Anglo-TEFL T&C below and in PDF: available here
AngloTEFL Terms and Conditions
The operator of www.angloville.com and services included on the site is:
Angloville International Ltd
St Mary’s College,
Tax number: 3458878JH
Company number: 596977
Organizers of the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship:
Premier TEFL – the only provider of online courses
Enterprise Youghal, St. Mary’s College,
Emmet Place, Youghal, Co. Cork,
Republic of Ireland
Angloville – the only provider of a real-life teaching practice (language immersion programmes). Term Angloville whenever used in this contract covers:
- Organisers of the language courses for the local participants:
- Angloville International Ltd IRELAND
- Angloville Sp. z o. o. SK POLAND
- Angloville Kft. HUNGARY
- Angloville S.R.L. ROMANIA
- Angloville Česká republika a Slovensko, spol. s r.o.
- Foundation ‘Development without Borders’ [Polish: Fundacja ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’]- the legal entity inside Angloville responsible for providing volunteer opportunities with Angloville and organizing volunteers’ stay on the programmes.
Premier TEFL and Angloville have partnered to create the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship. When purchasing this Scholarship, payment in full will be paid to Angloville. Thereon, complete organization of the practical element of this Scholarship (real-life teaching experience) will be handled by Angloville. The application process begins once full payment has been made. After that the Angloville representative will be in contact with you within 5 days. The terms and conditions are an agreement between you, the applicant, Premier TEFL, Angloville and its partners and organisations working on their behalf. It is important that you read and understand the terms to which you are agreeing when you accept a place on the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship. This agreement is valid from the 20 February 2018.
Health & Safety
You fully assume all risks to person and property in connection with your participation in the Activity (a “Teaching Contract” or ‘Programme’), including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injury, sickness, disease and death. You are in sufficient physical and mental health to participate in the Activity, and do not have any physical or mental conditions which could affect your ability to participate in the Activity. You have or shall have medical insurance coverage appropriate for your participation in the Activity. Premier TEFL and Angloville shall not provide any insurance for you in connection with your participation in the Activity. We stress that Angloville does not cover any of the medical expenses before, during or after the programmes you participate in.
You acknowledge that Angloville contracts with a network of partners, companies, government agencies to assist in the volunteer placements. To the best of Angloville knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform. However, Angloville will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviors of these third parties.
You shall comply with all applicable laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel, including drug laws, while participating in the Activity. If your participation in the Activity is at any time deemed detrimental to Angloville, as determined in the sole discretion of Premier TEFL and Angloville, it may be terminated by Angloville without Premier TEFL and Angloville incurring any liability.
You may incur liability to Premier TEFL under this Agreement if you engage in illegal acts abroad, break Contract with Angloville or enter into a Contract in bad faith.
You fully and forever INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Premier TEFL and Angloville, their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, sponsors, successors and assigns, from and for any and all demands, claims, actions, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, court costs and solicitor’s fees), from any cause whatsoever (including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injuries, sickness, disease and death), whether directly or indirectly arising in connection with your participation in the Premier TEFL and Angloville recruiting and placement process and the Activity, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of Premier TEFL, Angloville or others.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings and negotiations, regarding this subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended by course of conduct or otherwise, and may not be assigned in whole or in part, except in writing duly executed by Premier TEFL, Angloville and you.
Use of Information
Premier TEFL and Angloville have set out these terms and conditions to clarify the relationship between you, the website visitor, Premier TEFL and Angloville. Under no circumstances will we share your information to third parties (unless it is an application to a school/agent), and we will take all necessary precautions to ensure that this information stays within Premier TEFL and Angloville.
Application: Use of Information
When you apply for a position, you authorize Premier TEFL and Angloville to collect personal information, such as name, username, email address, address, work history, academic history and other non-financial personal information to determine your eligibility to teach English abroad (the “Activity”). Your personal information, resumes, covering letters and pictures, shall be used solely for the purposes described above. Submission of personal information is wholly optional and can be removed from our records by request by emailing Premier TEFL at email@example.com and Angloville at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of Additional Information
Pictures sent to Angloville or pictures taken during your participation in the Activity can be used by Angloville for the promotional and marketing activities.
Premier TEFL, in its sole discretion, shall endeavour to help you obtain a contract to participate in the Activity (”Anglo-TEFL Scholarship”). If you receive an offer to participate in the Activity and you accept that offer, you are responsible and liable for obtaining a passport, immigration visa(s) (if necessary) and other personal documentation appropriate for participating in the Activity, as well as arranging or coordinating transportation and accommodations to your satisfaction (when not provided), and paying all costs and expenses related to your participation in the Activity.
Liability and Responsibility
Premier TEFL is not responsible or liable for breach of Contract by either party, nor for any situation, including school closure or bankruptcy of the Contracting Organization that results in the Anglo-TEL Scholarship not being fulfilled. If you are terminated for any reason by Angloville, it is not Premier TEFL’s responsibility to rectify the situation or to find you alternative teaching practice.
Premier TEFL is not and shall not be responsible or liable for your transportation, accommodation or other services or products to be provided by Angloville or any other third party in connection with the Activity, and Premier TEFL is not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
Angloville is not and shall not be responsible or liable for your online TEFL course, your certificates or other online components or products provided by Premier TEFL or any other third party in connection with the TEFL course, and Angloville is not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
Angloville and Premier TEFL are not and shall not be responsible or liable for your transportation, accommodation or other services or products purchased to enable you to participate in the Activity. Angloville and Premier TEFL are not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
Use of Feedback
Any feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (collectively “Feedback”), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Premier TEFL and Angloville shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from and distribute the feedback to others without limitation.
Confirmation that you are eligible to enter into these terms.
You confirm that you meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18+ for junior programmes and aged 25+ for adult programmes
- A native English speaker
- A passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa or the United States
- Have completed High School
- Appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility etc.)
- Ability to cope with challenges, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity
- A range of hobbies and interests
- Have good health
- Have no diagnosed mental condition
- A clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Have an interest in meeting new people and learning about new cultures
- Be ready to complete the required Angloville Placements in different locations across Central and Eastern Europe
- Possess or in a position to obtain all the necessary documentation, visas enabling travelling to destinations where the Activity is held. Angloville does not provide any support with visas.
- Possess enough funds to cover for travel, accommodation, board before and after the Activity.
You certify that all information provided to Angloville relating to their personal background, qualifications, experience, medical history, and current state of health is accurate and truthful, and that no information relating to the aforementioned areas is withheld. Angloville reserves the right to remove a candidate from placement, without refund or compensation, if it becomes apparent that untruthful or inaccurate information was submitted in their application form or if relevant information was withheld.
Responsibilities of each party.
Premier TEFL provides:
- Information regarding the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship
- 120 hour Advanced TEFL course where applicable
- Liaison with the internship provider (Angloville ) to progress the teaching internship application
- General advice and guidance for Scholarship preparation
- Certification upon completion of Scholarship
- Information regarding the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship and Angloville programmes
- 70, 140 or 210 hours of real-life teaching experience (depending on which package you will choose)
- Processing, accepting or rejecting your application. Please note; reasons for rejection may or may not be given.
- Orientation on arrival
- Accommodation in hotels during Angloville programmes
- Full board during Angloville programmes (three meals a day at the hotel restaurant)
- Free transport from the described start city to the hotel in the countryside and back
- An opportunity to travel and learn about the cultures of Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Complimentary tours of some of Central and Eastern Europe’s most fascinating cities, such as Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Bucharest, Wroclaw and Krakow (depending on the starting point of your particular programme)
- In-country support throughout the duration of the programme
- A diploma from Angloville
- An amazing experience with a chance to improve your CV and launch your career teaching English
- The refundable component of the fee for qualified applicants
During your stay at the Angloville programmes in Central and Eastern Europe you will be hosted by the Foundation ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’ [Development without Borders]. The Foundation is the legal entity inside Angloville responsible for providing volunteer opportunities with Angloville.
Fundacja ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’ [Foundation ‘Development without Borders’]
Ul. Edwarda Heila 9/52
Teaching Practice Dates
Angloville will do their utmost to make sure that your preferred dates and locations for teaching practice are achieved. However, in a very small number of cases it may be necessary to change a placement from your preferred selection and we reserve the right to do so. It’s only recommended that you make your travel arrangements following official confirmation that your placement selection has been confirmed. Angloville and Premier TEFL will not be held responsible for any costs in travel amendments for bookings made prior to placement confirmation.
Anglo-TEFL Scholarship: Candidate
You, the successful applicant, are responsible for:
- Completing all of application forms and requests truthfully and accurately.
- Obtaining your visa (if applicable). Whilst Angloville assist in giving you advice about the correct visa for your travel, it is your responsibility to gain the correct visa for entry to whichever country your programme takes place in and any related costs. Angloville will provide information in good faith but bears no responsibility for the accuracy of the visa and travel information provided. Please check with the appropriate Embassy or Consulate well before you travel.
- Ensuring you take with you all necessary documentation as advised by Angloville and local authorities
- Arriving at the designated base city and meeting point on the official arrival date. We suggest that you only book your flights once you have been fully accepted onto the programme and have applied for and received your visa (if applicable). We also strongly recommend that you purchase a flexible flight ticket.
- Arriving at the venue at your own cost in case you miss the transportation from the start city provided by Angloville. Returning to the start city at your own cost in case you miss the return transportation to the start city provided by Angloville.
- Obtaining relevant travel insurance for the duration of your stay in Central -Eastern Europe. It is important that you are covered for all relevant travel and medical issues (including repatriation to your home country). Any participant without suitable medical insurance may not be able to commence teaching and no compensation would be payable
- Ensuring that you have a valid passport that will remain valid for the duration of your stay, and for 6 months following departure.
- Ensuring that you have taken appropriate medical advice and that you have received all the appropriate inoculations and injections prior to travel.
- Completing TEFL training provided by Premier TEFL within 90 days from the date of application (not from the date of the first logging in).
- Completing the 3-programme teaching practice with Angloville, entitling to the Scholarship
- Requesting your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship refund (if applicable to your programme package) within 21 days of fully completing your TEFL training and teaching practice.
During your time at Angloville you must follow a professional code of conduct. If during any point in your live teaching practice at Angloville it is deemed that your behavior is inappropriate, you are in breach of local law and current terms and conditions, you will be asked to leave with no refund of paid Refundable confirmation fee and any future programmes with Angloville will be cancelled at no refund. You will bear the cost of any accommodation, travel or trip curtailment in such an event. In case of serious breaches, including but not limited to breaches of law, Angloville will immediately inform the local Authorities and reserves the right to inform the employer, school or embassy of the applicant
You agree to indemnify Angloville and its local partner organisations against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, costs, expenses, fees and damages which the organisations may incur directly or indirectly out of:
- the breach of these terms and conditions by you; or
2. any claim or other cause of action made against Angloville as a result of your omissions/actions/inactions and/ or failure to perform the services required.
If you cause damage to material property of Angloville or its partners, damages to the reputation of Angloville or its partners, Angloville will request you to compensate for the loss and reserves the right to seek further compensation in a court of law.
You, the successful applicant, will be responsible for the following costs:
- Anglo-TEFL Scholarship booking fee
- Visa application fee (if applicable)
- Outgoing and return flights
- Any travel between programmes
- Any accommodation between programmes
- Travel and medical insurance
- Any vaccines
- All spending money during internship
- Any optional excursions arranged
Cancellation & Refunds
Three-week programme package. For applications from 1st November 2016
A refundable Refundable confirmation fee of 69 EUR is required to complete your application for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship if you choose the three week programme package, this must be paid for prior in full at time of applying – a 24 EUR administration fee is applicable during your recruitment process. Candidates are responsible for claiming the 45 EUR refundable element within 21 days of completing* the full Scholarship, after 21 days no refund is possible.
*The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship is completed and you can claim your Refundable confirmation fee back when:
- You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programmes you were scheduled for
- You completed the online component of the Scholarship: your online TEFL course
- You completed all activities, adhered to the local law, adhered to present Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to, the health and safety regulations.
- In case of Junior Programmes, you adhered to the Youth Protection Policy described below.
Candidates are responsible for claiming the 69 EUR refund within 21 days of completing the full Placement, after 21 days no refund is possible.
The Refundable confirmation fee will be refunded to the same bank account / card from which it had been paid. Refundable confirmation fees are not transferable to other persons.
Please note, you need to complete both parts: Angloville programmes AND online TEFL course
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship you have purchased, and you have not started any component of the Scholarship, you are entitled to a full refund of fee placed within 14 working days of booking without the need to provide a reason (Distance Selling Act, Ireland and Distance Selling Act, Poland : U. 2014 r. poz. 827 ze zm. „Konsument, który zawarł umowę na odległość, może w terminie 14 dni kalendarzowych odstąpić od niej bez podawania przyczyny i bez ponoszenia kosztów, z wyjątkiem kosztów wskazanych poniżej,”).
- If your application onto the programme is rejected by Angloville, then you will receive a full refund. Access to your TEFL training course will be terminated. It is your responsibility to check if you meet the Scholarship requirements.
- If your application onto the Scholarship is officially accepted and you are enrolled in the Angloville programmes, however you choose to cancel your place, no refund is available.
- In the unlikely event that a visa application is refused, refund is still available.
- You are also required to comply with all deadlines for documentation to the Angloville team. Delays in either the TEFL course studying, or the production of necessary documentation (eg. travel documentation, proof of clean criminal record evidence, written references ) may result in your programme application being void and no refund is possible
- If you choose to apply for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship while you are volunteering on the Angloville programme, you can apply only for the three-week package. You must choose two additional programmes. Only then, will the Angloville team count your current programme towards your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship and you must to apply join the Scholarship BEFORE the completion of your current week. Contact email@example.com notify us you are a late application.
- You are currently at Angloville and have no additional weeks booked. Apply at anglo-tefl.comfor the two week programme costing £99. Our team will refund you £34 on the following Monday. Your current week will count and you’ll be compliant with the three week Scholarship programme. Your total participation cost is £65.
- You are currently at Angloville and have one additional week booked. Apply at anglo-tefl.comfor the one week programme costing £189. Our team will refund you £124 on the following Monday. Your current week will count, plus your pre-scheduled one and you’ll be compliant with the three week Scholarship programme. Your total participation cost is £65.
- If you choose to apply for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship after you finish/complete any of Angloville programme/s you can apply for one-week, two-week or three-week package, but your past programme/s will not be counted towards your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship.
Angloville manages the application process. The final decision on whether to accept an application rests with the Angloville team, and Premier TEFL cannot influence or change the decision. The decision is final. Angloville operates to the highest standards available locally and comply will all relevant laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and other destinations available with Angloville.
All offers of acceptance onto the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship are reliant on the successful applicant being able to produce the correct paperwork prior to travel to Eastern Europe, including but not limited to:
- CV / resume / application form
- Valid passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa or the United States
- Your statement that you agree with Angloville Legal Notes (appendix no 1 and no 2)
- Angloville Personal Questionnaire for the Foundation (appendix no 3)
- Angloville Volunteering Agreement for the Foundation (appendix no 4)
By accepting Terms and Conditions of the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, please be advised that you agreed to all statements included in the above documents: Legal Notes (appendix no 1 and no 2), Volunteering Agreement (appendix no 3) and Personal Questionnaire (appendix no 4). Failure to provide the correct documentation will mean that you may not be able to take part in the Scholarship. Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville will be responsible for any costs you may incur through delayed or non-production of the relevant certificates and documentation.
Anglo-TEFL Scholarships: Trip Arrangements
Angloville will help candidates with visa information, to understand whether they need to obtain one or not. Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville are responsible for any costs you incur as a result of you not being able to obtain the correct visa (if applicable).
Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville will pay any compensation in the event that your internship is cancelled, curtailed or delayed or in any way changed as a result of circumstances that any party could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include, without limitation, war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threats of such activity, riots or civil disturbance, adverse weather conditions etc.
All participants on the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship are responsible for arranging adequate travel and medical insurance to cover this eventuality.
Your time in Central-Eastern Europe
Angloville is responsible for providing your placement while you are in Central-Eastern Europe, and are responsible for all matters regarding to your teaching including (but not limited to):
- Terms and conditions
- Hours of work
Please note that the precise working conditions and term dates may vary between different locations and different regions in Central-Eastern Europe. All dates are set by our Angloville partner. During your time in Central-Eastern Europe it is important to note you will be subject to local laws, and it is imperative that you comply with these laws. Premier TEFL nor Angloville take any liability should any applicant teacher choose to violate any local laws during their placement, and the placement may be terminated as the result of violation of such laws.
Angloville is responsible for the accommodation provided during the applicant’s time in Eastern Europe whilst on the programme. This hotel accommodation will be of a quality local standard.
The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship contract
The contract is between you and Angloville.
You will be expected to dress and behave appropriately for work in accordance with the cultural norms in Eastern Europe, which may be very different from those in your home country. Premier TEFL will not be able to help you if your placement is terminated because you refuse to comply with expectations in relation to style of dress, hair or personal adornment.
Accuracy of Marketing Material
We believe that all statements made on the Angloville website and accompanying material supplied by Premier TEFL are factual and correct at the time they are made. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the programme correctly. Premier TEFL or Angloville cannot be held responsible for any changes that become known or happen after the printing of any written materials. Nor can they accept liability for events outside their reasonable control. They will undertake to advise you of any material changes known prior to your departure, providing there is sufficient time to do so and they can contact you. Anglo-TEFL Scholarship: Legal
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your online TEFL course or any other online component provided by Premier TEFL please contact Premier TEFL team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If for any reason you are not satisfied with real-life teaching practice organized by Angloville please contact Angloville’s in-country support team at email@example.com.
Premier TEFL and Angloville will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will aim to resolve the complaint within a maximum of 28 days.
Use of media
Use of photos and comments:
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photo(s)/image(s) we or someone on our behalf takes of you or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your participation on the internship for our promotional/marketing purposes without obtaining your further specific permission or making any payment to you. Such use may include mentioning your name, age and town/city/area of residence.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, Premier TEFL and Angloville are data controllers. As any work that you do may involve work with children or vulnerable people, it may be necessary for you to produce a police clearance certificate (or similar background check). This may affect whether or not your application is accepted by Angloville and what records they keep about you.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that Angloville may transfer, store and process your personal data and sensitive personal data as contemplated by this agreement interpretation in a dispute.
This agreement and any claim or dispute arising from or related to this agreement, will be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with Irish law and shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of it.
Acceptance of terms and conditions: By purchasing an Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, it means you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions covering the internship and are fully aware that the contract in Eastern Europe will be with Angloville. You understand that neither Premier TEFL or Angloville, nor any other company in its group will have any liability to you in respect of any breach or repudiation of the contract.
Criminal Record Checks
To participate in an Angloville Junior programme, all volunteers are required to provide a criminal background check before being able to be fully enrolled. The background check requirement is a key part of the Health & Safety and Youth Protection Policy.
Please allow sufficient time to acquire the document before departure, processing times may vary depending on your country of origin.The document must be issued in English (or with a certified English translation) and within 6 months of your arrival date.
Angloville has identified a few organizations that may help you obtain your criminal background check in a speedy way of which it informs on www.angloville.com, yet Angloville bears no responsibility for the quality of service provided, please use your own judgment.
Non-Solicitation of Customers, Customer Prospects, and Vendors
You agree that during the term of your Placement with Angloville and for twenty four (24) months after the termination thereof, regardless of the reason for termination, you will not, directly or indirectly, solicit or attempt to solicit any business from any of the Angloville’s Customers, Customer Prospects, or Vendors with whom you had contact during the Placement.
Non-Solicitation of Employees
You also covenant and agree that during the term of your Placement with Angloville and for twenty four (24) months after the termination thereof, regardless of the reason for the termination, you will not, directly or indirectly, on your own behalf or on behalf of or in conjunction with any person or legal entity, recruit, solicit, or induce, or attempt to recruit, solicit, or induce, any employee of Angloville with whom you had personal contact, to terminate their employment relationship with Angloville.
All printed and digital materials and content provided during a Placement, in preparation for the placement and after, content on www.angloville.com and social media channels belonging to Angloville, brand images, logos are property of Angloville and protected by copyrights. Any use of thereof is only permitted had a written consent been granted from Angloville at firstname.lastname@example.org .
General Volunteer Code of Conduct
Angloville aims at creating a safe, positive and pleasant experience for all its participants. This code of conduct sets out the standard of behavior that is expected of volunteers. This code of conduct is designed to help you achieve the most out of your placement in a safe manner and ensuring consideration to other participants and other cultural beliefs during your placement.
Please note that breaches of the code of conduct may result in your placement being terminated without compensation.
- It is necessary to listen to, comprehend and follow the advice and instructions of your local coordinators
- As a volunteer, you are not only representing Angloville, but also your own country and region, it is therefore necessary to act responsibly.
- Refrain from possessing and use of illegal substances, such as drugs. Authorities will be informed of each found case of possession or use of such substances and your placement will be terminated immediately
- Respect, and seek to understand, the culture of the country you visit. This involves being open-minded, tolerant of the customs and behaviors of the local people
- Be particularly sensitive about different attitudes towards sexual relationships in the country you visit, do not engage in any activities that can be considered inappropriate or illegal.
- Treat all other participants, students, local staff with respect and dignity
- Dress appropriately at all times with regard to the culture you are surrounding yourself with
- Do not leave the venue for extended amounts of time without informing your local coordinators.
- It is necessary to adhere to general standards of personal hygiene and follow good personal hygiene practices while at the Placement
- The programme is to be run as per the schedule given by Angloville and should be strictly followed with timely start of activities each day
At the placement
- Maintain a positive mental attitude throughout your Placement
- Be an active participant, ask questions, be curious
- Act as a conscientious and professional member of the team. You are relied on as a dedicated member of the team by the local students and other volunteers
- Abide by all the rules of the Placement, instructions given by local coordinators; respect other members of staff, other participants and students.
- Listen to, and follow, the instructions of your local coordinator
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas and during breaks or free time.
- Each placement has a strict alcohol policy. It is forbidden to consume any alcoholic beverages during Angloville Junior Programmes.
- Treat with care all of the materials that you use during your Placement;
- Taking photos and videos on the premises of the venues should require a permission of a local coordinator.
- Volunteers should abide by regulations of the hotel hosting the Placement
- You will be responsible for the tidiness of your room, any use of the room which exceeds natural use of the room may involve being charged an extra cleaning fee by the hotel
- Any outsiders are not allowed on the premises of the Placement
- As you will be sharing a room, please respect your roommate by refraining from creating nuisance and disturbances at especially, but not limited to, night time
- Refrain from creating any damage to accommodation, premises, property. In case of any damage, the volunteer agrees to cover the cost before leaving the property.
- Settle any outstanding bills before leaving the property
- Stay at the accommodation / room allocated to you.
Angloville undertakes to offer a helpful and friendly approach to volunteers. However, Angloville reserves the right to take appropriate action in cases of breaches of the codes of conduct, which in our interpretation can impact the safety, well-being and comfort of other participants. Depending on the seriousness of the breach, disciplinary matters applied may involve termination of the placement at no refund, cancellation of future placement(s) at no refund, and involving the local authorities. We treat health and safety very seriously.
Youth Protection Policy: Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct and Legal Note for Volunteers on Angloville Junior Programmes
The Angloville Legal Note & Code of Conduct offers guidelines outlining standards of behaviors when interacting with students on youth camps. These rules serve as a way of protecting students according to local laws but also as a healthy reminder to make sure the volunteers have a safe experience which will not lead to any legal consequences.
- No student is to be taken outside of the hotel’s premises without an agreement of the Local Coordinator.
- No student should be taken to a café or restaurant or be served any food or beverages unless permission has been given by the Local Coordinator
- Volunteers are not allowed to visit student’s rooms
- Volunteers are not permitted to share a bed or room with any student or allow the student to enter to their rooms
- Volunteers are not allowed to offer any presents without approval from the Local Coordinator
- Taking photographs and videos of students is only allowed with permission from the Local Coordinator and photos/videos should not be taken in a way intended to harm any student or other participants.
- No behavior intended to emotionally abuse, shame, humiliate or degrade students is acceptable.
- Volunteers are obliged to display appropriate language at all times.
- Volunteers are obliged to take extreme care when interacting physically with students. Under no circumstance should any physical contact be, or have the appearance of being sexual in any way at any point.
- Any use of physical force is strictly forbidden.
- Any consumption of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited during a Placement on Angloville Junior Programmes
- Any form of discrimination, differential treatment or favouring of an individual at the cost of other is not allowed.
- Volunteers take full responsibility for their actions and reactions to students at all times with no exceptions.
- Inappropriate behaviour towards students, breaches of the current code of conduct or other legal breaches are grounds for disciplinary procedure including dismissal from the programme with no refund and at one’s expense and legal action undertaken by the authorities.
These Terms and Conditions are severable. In the event of any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Angloville reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the services it offers from time to time. The most up to date version of the Terms and Conditions will always be available at www.angloville.com .