For Angloville Placements starting from January 1, 2024.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of Angloville carefully before submitting your online application.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions are common for all Angloville packages and programmes. Specific terms related to individual Packages or programmes are listed in appendices. When choosing a specific Package or Programme, all general and the relevant specific terms and conditions apply.
By using the Services you confirm that you have read, understood and fully agreed to the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not apply to, take part in or otherwise use the Services. You understand that neither Angloville, nor any other company in its group, will have any liability to you in respect of any breach or repudiation of the contract.
These Terms and Conditions are valid from the date indicated above (“Update”) .
2. Basic terms and definitions
Terms and designations used in this document:
- Angloville Programme – real-life cultural exchange on language immersion programme (henceforth referred to as ‘Activity’ or ‘Programme”).
- Angloville – organiser of the language immersion programme for the local participants. May cover one or more of the following entities:
- Angloville International Ltd (IRELAND): St Mary’s College, Emmet Place, Youghal, Co Cork, Ireland. Tax number: 3458878JH. Company number: 596977
- Angloville Sp. z o. o. (POLAND): registered address: ul. Św. Leonarda 1/8, 25-311 Kielce, Poland; tax number: 6572916430; KRS Number: 541765)
- International participant – international participant taking part in an Angloville Programme through an agreement with Angloville International
- Local participant – participant from the country where an Angloville Programme is organised, taking part in the Programme as a client of Angloville’s local entities in Poland and Hungary
- Angloville Placement – one or more specific Angloville Programmes the International participant is invited to participate in (henceforth referred to as ‘Placement’).
- Package – a set of predefined services and features of participation provided to an International participant on an Angloville Programme
- Venue – the location where an Angloville Programme takes place, covers multiple hotel partners in each country
- Starting city – the city from where International participants and Local participants depart from to the Venue of the specific Angloville Programme and where they return after the Programme
- Website – a website operated by Angloville to promote and inform potential International participants about Angloville Programmes, to manage the application process and to enable the purchase of supplementary services. Covers https://angloville.com and https://shop.angloville.com
- Service – the provision of participation opportunities for International participants on Angloville Programmes and any related or Supplementary service
- Supplementary service – additional services provided by Angloville in conjunction with or independently of Angloville Programmes as part of a Package or as an independent product
- Terms and Conditions – the entirety of these terms and conditions, including the appendices
3. Service: Angloville Programmes
Angloville provides opportunities to English-speakers to participate in sponsored cultural exchange programmes (Angloville Programmes) in Central and Eastern Europe and some other European countries. These Programmes serve as an opportunity for English-speakers to explore the local culture of these countries by meeting and interacting through a series of organised activities and discussions with Local participants – adult professionals or teenagers. Local participants, in turn, participate in Angloville Programmes to learn about the culture and traditions of the English-speaking world and to improve their fluency in English by practising the language with international participants (International participants) as well as taking part in organised educational activities.
Angloville Programmes typically take place in selected countryside hotels in each Angloville country. Groups to a specific Angloville Programme leave from a designated Starting city using organised transportation by bus and return to the Starting city after completing the Programme.
For International participants, participation is sponsored by Angloville, which fully or partially covers their accommodation and board during an Angloville Programme. The goal of Angloville is to foster interaction and intercultural communication between countries in Central and Eastern Europe and the broader English-speaking world as well as to offer further opportunities to English-speakers in multiple domains, including travel, teacher training and international career opportunities. Depending on the Package chosen by the International participant, additional services may be provided before, during or after the Programme.
4.1 Application process
By submitting your application, you confirm your intent to become an International participant of Angloville during an Angloville Programme and you certify that you agree to the Angloville Terms and Conditions described in this document.
Application by International participants is made via the Website, by submitting personal data, preferred dates and locations of Angloville Programmes and other background information.
The final decision on whether to accept an application rests with the Angloville. Even though we do our best to accommodate all suitable applicants for the vacancies available, at no time we can guarantee availability. Angloville reserves the right to reject any application without providing reasons. Decision is based on a complex set of criteria, aimed at ensuring the best fit between International participants and Local participants on each Programme. Angloville does not provide feedback on the reasons for successful or unsuccessful applications.
Once an application is submitted, it is reviewed by Angloville. If the candidate profile meets the selection criteria and recruitment needs of upcoming Programmes, Angloville invites the candidate to an interview. The interview is completed over the phone or via an online video or audio call. Based on the interview, Angloville may request further background information about the candidate. Upon successfully completing the application and selection process, the International participant is invited to one or more Programmes (Placement)
In order to participate in the Programmes the International participant has been invited to, one or more Packages need to be selected by the International participant and participation confirmed by submitting the required documents as described in later sections.
A Placement is completed when the International participant completes the last confirmed Programme included in the Placement.
4.2 Suitability & requirements
In order to be eligible to participate in Angloville Programmes, you must meet the following requirements:
- aged 18+ for junior programmes and aged 21+ for adult Angloville programmes,
- You confirm that all information provided by you to Angloville with regards to your citizenship, eligibility to travel to countries of destination, health, police record is true, correct and up-to-date at the moment of disclosure,
- have completed High School,
- appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility etc.),
- ability to cope with challenges, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity,
- a range of hobbies and interests,
- have good health,
- have no diagnosed mental condition,
- a clean police record,
- have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form,
- have an interest in meeting new people and learning about new cultures,
- be ready to complete the required Angloville Placements in different locations across Europe,
- possess or in a position to obtain all the necessary documentation, visas enabling travelling to destinations where the Activity is held. Angloville does not provide any support with visas,
- possess enough funds to cover for travel, accommodation, board before and after the Activity,
- (If you are a returning participant), never have received a warning letter and/or faced termination for misconduct or any breach of Angloville’s terms and conditions.
As an International participant, you certify that all information provided to Angloville relating to your personal background, qualifications, experience, medical history, and current state of health is accurate and truthful, and that no information relating to the aforementioned areas is withheld. Angloville reserves the right to remove an International participant from the placement, without a refund or compensation, if it becomes apparent that untruthful or inaccurate information was submitted in the International participant’s application form or if relevant information was withheld.
4.3 Personal data & privacy
Angloville is only authorized to handle inquiries, documentation, cancellations, complaints, and related matters exclusively from the individual who initiated the Angloville application and formally accepted the terms and conditions in accordance with the Data Protection Act. To obtain more detailed information, we kindly request your review of Section 8, titled “Data Privacy,” within our Terms and Conditions.
5. Responsibilities, liabilities and obligations
You shall comply with all applicable laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel, including drug laws, while participating in the Activity. If your participation in the Activity is at any time deemed detrimental to Angloville, as determined in the sole discretion of Angloville, it may be terminated by Angloville without Angloville incurring any liability.
You may incur liability to Angloville under this Agreement if you engage in illegal acts, break Terms and Conditions (“Contract”) with Angloville or enter into a Contract in bad faith.
You fully and forever INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Angloville or its partners in providing Angloville Programmes, their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, sponsors, successors and assigns, from and for any and all demands, claims, actions, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, court costs and solicitor’s fees), from any cause whatsoever (including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injuries, sickness, disease and death), whether directly or indirectly arising in connection with your participation in the placement process and the Activity, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of Angloville or others to the extent permitted by law.
5.2 Health & safety, insurance
You fully assume all risks to person and property in connection with your participation in the Angloville Placement, including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injury, sickness, disease and death. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, you confirm that you are in sufficient physical and mental health to participate in the Activity, and do not have any physical or mental conditions which could affect your ability to participate in the Activity.
You have or shall have travel and medical insurance coverage appropriate for your travel to/from and participation in the Activity. Angloville shall not provide any insurance for you in connection with your participation in the Activity. We stress that Angloville does not cover any of the medical expenses before, during or after the programmes you participate in. Any participant without suitable travel and medical insurance may not be able to commence the Activity and no compensation would be payable.
You acknowledge that Angloville contracts with a network of partners, companies, government agencies to assist in the Placements. To the best of Angloville’s knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform. However, Angloville will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviours of these third parties.
5.3 Travel & border control
Travel restrictions and border control measures are a national competence and the final decision if one is allowed to enter the country is the responsibility of the local Border Agency. Angloville may provide advisory guidelines and issue you a letter confirming your participation in the Programmes, however, it will always be your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa status and can enter each country according to the latest local government policy. Since each case is individual, please always consult with your embassy or another official source before starting your journey.
5.4 Travel and accommodation arrangements outside of Placements
If you receive an offer to participate in the Activity and you accept that offer, you are responsible and liable for obtaining a passport, immigration visa(s) (if necessary) and other personal documentation appropriate for participating in the Activity, as well as arranging or coordinating transportation and accommodation to your satisfaction (when not provided), and paying all costs and expenses related to your participation in the Activity.
Angloville is not and shall not be responsible or liable for your transportation, accommodation or other services or products you purchased from third parties to enable you to participate in the Activity. Angloville is not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of any third parties.
5.5 Documentation, travel eligibility and on-time arrival
You, the successful applicant, are responsible for:
- Obtaining your visa (if applicable). Whilst Angloville may assist in giving you advice about the correct visa for your travel, it is your responsibility to gain the correct visa for entry to whichever country your programme takes place in and any related costs. Angloville will provide information in good faith but bears no responsibility for the accuracy of the visa and travel information provided. Please check with the appropriate Embassy or Consulate well before you travel.
- Ensuring you take with you all necessary documentation as advised by Angloville and local authorities
- Timely arrival at the designated Starting city and meeting point on the official arrival date and time at own cost.
- Arriving at the Venue at your own cost in case you miss the transportation from the Starting city provided by Angloville. Returning to the Starting city at your own cost in case you miss the return transportation to the Starting city provided by Angloville.
- Ensuring that you have taken appropriate medical advice and that you have received all the appropriate vaccinations and injections prior to travel.
- Submitting the mandatory documentation within the deadline:
- Paying the necessary participation deposits
- Ensuring that you have a valid passport that will remain valid for the duration of your stay, and for 6 months following your departure or any longer period if required by the country of Placement.
- Confirming your travel itinerary and providing a copy of your plane, train or bus tickets (with the reservation reference),
- Obtaining official evidence of an enhanced (highest level) clean criminal record, dated within the last 6 months (when required), and providing it to Angloville.
- Reading and accepting the Angloville programme compliance agreement here
- Completing the Know-How online training and successfully passing the quiz provided
- (If you are a returning participant), never have received a warning letter and/or faced termination for misconduct or any breach of Angloville’s terms and conditions.
- Obtaining relevant travel and health insurance for the duration of your stay on the Placement.
- Completing the necessary documentation within the deadlines as described in paragraph “5.6. Documentation deadlines”.
- You are liable under the justice system and laws for the official documents you provided to Angloville. Any forgery will be regarded as a criminal offense and considered a serious violation of these terms and conditions. As a consequence, but not limited to, it will result in the immediate termination of your placement, forfeiture of your deposit, and a report to local authorities.
- Requesting your deposit refund (if applicable to your programme Package) within 21 days of fully completing your Placement. Send your refund request: https://angloville.com/refund-request/.
- Complying with all local Health & Safety regulations applicable in each country where a Programme takes place. Refusal to comply will be considered as a breach of these Terms and Conditions. Therefore, in case of a cancellation requested by the participant, the refund of the deposit may be rejected by Angloville.
- Special terms applicable to specific epidemic, pandemic or other healthcare related situations may apply in certain periods and geographical areas. Angloville will publish relevant information on such conditions as necessary on the Website and will communicate to candidates and International participants when applicable. Any refusal to comply with the local Health & Safety regulations will be considered as a breach of these terms and conditions. As a consequence, in case of a cancellation requested by the participant, the refund of the deposit may be rejected by Angloville. Angloville shall not be liable for the correctness or timeliness of information published on its Website with regards to such conditions. It is the International participant’s responsibility to consult official local authorities and other official sources about current requirements.
5.6 Documentation deadlines
6.1. Regular programmes
|More than 120 days before the start of the programme: All newly enrolled participants in a regular programme must confirm their travel details at least 120 days before the programme starts and send a copy of their passport, sign the ACPA, and provide a copy of their clear criminal record within 14 days after they have paid the deposit.
|Between 119 and 61 days before the start of the programme: All newly enrolled participants in a regular programme must send a copy of their travel details within 7 days, send a copy of their passport, sign the ACPA, and provide a copy of their clear criminal record within 14 days after they have paid the deposit.
5.6.2. Premium programmes
More than 120 days before the start of the programme: All newly enrolled participants in a regular programme must confirm their travel details at least 120 days before the programme starts and send a copy of their passport, sign the ACPA, and provide a copy of their clear criminal record within 14 days after they have paid the deposit.
Between 119 and 61 days before the start of the programme: All newly enrolled participants in a Premium programme must send a copy of their travel details within 5 days, a copy of their passport, sign the ACPA, and provide a copy of their clear criminal record within 7 days after they have paid the deposit.
5.6.3. Last-minute applications
Less than 60 days before the start of the programme: All newly enrolled participants in a programme must send a copy of their travel details within 3 days, a copy of their passport, sign the ACPA, and provide a copy of their clear criminal record within 5 days after they have paid the deposit.
5.7 Responsibility to cover costs
As an International participant, you will be responsible for covering the following costs:
- deposit applicable to your selected Package, including transaction and foreign exchange costs/fees pertaining to online payments, bank charges or wire transfers, as well as local tourism and eco taxes,
- visa application fee (if applicable),
- outgoing and return flights,
- any travel between Programmes and Starting cities,
- any accommodation before, after or between Programmes not included in the selected Package,
- travel and medical insurance,
- any vaccines required by local health regulations,
- all spending money and personal expenses during the Activity,
- any optional excursions arranged.
5.8 Criminal record checks
To participate in Angloville Family, Adult, Junior, Kids, or any kind of Angloville programmes, all International participants are required to provide a clean criminal background check before being able to be fully enrolled. The background check requirement is a key part of the Health & Safety and Youth Protection Policy.
A copy of a clean criminal record must be provided within 3-14 days maximum from enrolment. The processing times to obtain the document may vary depending on your country of origin. The document must be issued in English (or with a certified English translation) and must have been issued within the last 6 months maximum at the moment of its submission to Angloville. The processing times to obtain the document may vary depending on your country of origin.
Angloville has identified some organizations that may assist you in obtaining your criminal background check quickly. However, please note that Angloville does not take responsibility for the quality of their service. Please use your own judgment.
5.9 Behaviour & indemnity
During your time at Angloville International participants must follow a professional code of conduct. If at any point of your Placement with Angloville it is deemed that your behaviour is inappropriate, you are in breach of local law or current Terms and Conditions, you will be asked to leave the Programme with no refund of paid deposit and fees and any future programmes with Angloville will be cancelled at no refund. You will bear the cost of any accommodation, travel or trip curtailment in such an event. In case of serious breaches, including but not limited to breaches of law, Angloville will immediately inform the local Authorities and reserves the right to inform the employer, school or embassy of the participant. The participant agrees to indemnify Angloville and its local partner organisations against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, costs, expenses, fees and damages which the organisations may incur directly or indirectly out of:
- the breach of these terms and conditions by the participant; or
- any claim or other cause of action made against Angloville as a result of the participants’ omissions/actions/inactions and or failure to perform the services required. In cases of damages to material property of Angloville or its partners caused by the participant, damages to the reputation of Angloville or its partners, Angloville will request the participant to compensate for the loss and reserves the right to seek further compensation in a court of law.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Placement organised by Angloville please contact Angloville’s in-country support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Angloville will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will aim to resolve the complaint within a maximum of 28 days.
Notwithstanding anything else contained in any agreement, the liability of Angloville to the International participant shall not in aggregate exceed the amount of the deposit paid by the participant.
5.11 Accuracy of marketing material
We believe that all statements made on the Website and on websites and marketing materials of Angloville’s partners are factual and correct at the time they are made. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the programme correctly. Angloville or its partners cannot be held responsible for any changes that become known or happen after the printing or publication of any written materials. Nor can they accept liability for events outside their reasonable control. They will undertake to advise you of any material changes known prior to your departure, providing there is sufficient time to do so and they can contact you.
Non-Solicitation of Customers, Customer Prospects, and Vendors
You agree that during the term of your Placement with Angloville and after the termination thereof, regardless of the reason for termination, you will not, directly or indirectly, solicit or attempt to solicit any business from any of Angloville’s Customers, Customer Prospects, or Vendors with whom you had contact during the Placement.
Non-Solicitation of Employees
You also covenant and agree that during the term of your Placement with Angloville and after the termination thereof, regardless of the reason for the termination, you will not, directly or indirectly, on your own behalf or on behalf of or in conjunction with any person or legal entity, recruit, solicit, or induce, or attempt to recruit, solicit, or induce, any employee of Angloville with whom you had personal contact, to terminate their employment relationship with Angloville.
All printed and digital materials and content provided during a Placement, in preparation for the placement and after, content on the Website and social media channels belonging to Angloville, brand images, logos are property of Angloville and protected by copyrights. Any use of thereof is only permitted if a written consent has been granted from Angloville.
6. Deposits, fees and refunds
6.1 Payment of deposits and fees
Placements require the International Participant (IP) to either pay a deposit or an admin fee, whichever is applicable. Supplementary Services may also require the IP to pay an additional fee.
The deposit and fee payments are handled by Angloville International Ltd. Further information regarding the current deposit, fees and supplementary service fees can be found in Appendix 3 to these Terms & Conditions.
All payments must be made electronically in Euros either via the Angloville shop or via the correct online payment link (PayPal) provided within the Angloville confirmation email which will state the IP Placement arrangements.
As Angloville utilises a third-party online payment facility and we cannot be held responsible for any malfunction of the online payment software. Angloville can only advise with any issues arising from the third party payment provider itself. For all other payment issues, you should direct your enquiry to your card issuer or bank for resolution as this is outside of the control of Angloville.
We will not be liable nor refund any additional bank transfer or currency exchange charges applied by your card issuer or bank
Your Placement or Service arrangements will be provisionally accepted with a full payment of the deposit, fee or both. The IP should take note that supplementary services may have different payment schedules as well as cancellation terms specified in the booking conditions.
The deposit covers a package of 3 programmes maximum. An additional deposit fee will be required to cover a second or third package of 1-3 programmes. Note that packages for 10 + programmes are subject to Angloville Management written approval. Multi deposit fees will be separately accounted for and each deposit will cover a specific package of programmes as described in the Angloville confirmation email. Any cancellation of one (or more) programme of a package will affect the respective refund of the related Deposit(s) or Fee(s).
6.2 Deposit refunds
International Participants are responsible for claiming the refundable element of the deposit within 21 days of successfully completing the full Placement. After 21 days, no refund will be provided. Refund requests should be submitted via the Angloville website: https://angloville.com/refund-request/.
You can claim your deposit back when you have met all of the following conditions:
- You have completed with a pass score the online preparatory training and online test before the start of your Placement. (The link to the training and test are sent by Angloville via email at the time of confirming the Placement)
- You have attended and successfully completed the scheduled placement as stated in the Confirmation Email.
- You completed all activities and complied fully with the Angloville Programme Compliance Agreement.
- You have adhered to the Youth Protection Policy described in this document for all programmes provided by Angloville.
The deposit will be refunded to the same bank account / card from which it had been paid. When a refund application is made 6 months after the payment date, this can only be returned via PayPay as the payment is archived in their system. Your payment is archived with our payment provider 6 months after the payment has been made. Angloville will not be held responsible if the final refund of a deposit sum may be reduced by transaction and foreign exchange costs/fees pertaining to online payments, bank charges or wire transfers charged by the participant’s bank which the participant agrees to cover in full. Deposits are not transferable to other persons.
6.3 Top participant loyalty programme
Past participants can return to Angloville and will be eligible for Club membership to the Top International Participant Loyalty Programme when they meet the following conditions:
- Participant has successfully completed a minimum of 4 programmes across two packages having paid 2 separate deposit fees previously in the last 12 months.
- Participant has never cancelled a Programme (within 120 days before the start of the Programme).
- Participants must have received positive feedback from Angloville students and staff.
- Participants must have a good record of complying with all the mandatory documentation procedures (including travel details, police clearance and copy of passport) within the deadline period.
- Participant has always complied with Angloville and/or AngloTEFL Terms & Conditions or Code of Conduct.
The number of International Participants in the top participant loyalty programme is limited to programme availability and qualification requirements.
Members of the Top International Participant Loyalty Programme will only be required to pay the current administrative costs see See Appendix 3. This will be used to cover Paypal, bank, and administrative charges, as well as local ecotourism taxes. They will not be required to pay the full current deposit.
7. Changes and cancellations
7.1 Changes by Angloville
Angloville will do their utmost to make sure that your preferred dates and locations for your Placement are achieved. However, in a small number of cases it may be necessary to change a Placement or Programme date and/or location from your preferred selection and we reserve the right to do so.
It is recommended that you make your travel arrangements following official confirmation by Angloville that your Placement selection has been confirmed. Angloville will not be held responsible for any costs in travel amendments for bookings made. You acknowledge that you will purchase the necessary travel insurance (including cancellation insurance for purchased flights, transportation, hotels and other travel components) covering your travel in an event of altered date and/or location of the Activity.
7.2 Cancellation by International participants
Angloville accepts that International Participants may cancel all or part of their Placement or Package at any time either preceding or during their programme participation dates. As an International Participant, you acknowledge that once you book your Placement with Angloville and pay your Deposit, our team proceeds to work on securing and paying for your accommodation, ground transportation, catering and other necessary arrangements for your Angloville experience, and makes training materials available for you. For that reason, Deposit refunds are only possible if cancellation is made within certain deadlines. Depending on the circumstances and the date of your cancellation, your Deposit payment may be subject to partial or full deductions before. it can be returned to you. The rules of our cancellation refund policy are outlined below:
- Full Deposit Refund – Your Deposit will be refunded to you in full if you meet all the following conditions: (i) you cancelled your Placement not later than 14 days after you paid the Deposit, and (ii) your Placement starts not earlier than 2 calendar months after cancellation, and (iii) you have not received your Angloville training access until the moment of cancellation.
- Partial Deposit Refund – Your Deposit will be refunded to you but Angloville will first deduct from your Deposit the Administration Fee (see Appendix 3 for details) – if you meet both following conditions: (i) you cancelled the Placement later than 14 days after you paid in the Deposit, and (ii) your Placement starts not earlier than 4 calendar months after cancellation.
3. No Deposit Refund – If you do not meet the conditions for a Full Deposit Refund (as specified in sec. 1 above) or for a Partial Deposit Refund (as specified in sec. 2 above), then no portion of the Deposit will be refunded to you in case of your cancellation, and Angloville will retain the whole amount of the Deposit. This also includes any full or partial cancellations made once your Placement begins.
7.3 Change Requested By The International Participant
Once registered and up to 2 calendar months before the start of the Placement, the International participant may change the start date and Placement arrangements once, subject to availability, at no additional cost or deposit loss from the published programs. No changes, however, are possible:
1. After June 1st for Programmes taking place between July 1st and August 31st.
2. After December 1st for Programmes taking place between January 1st to February 29th
7.4 Other situations
- If your application to the AngloTEFL Scholarship is officially accepted and you are enrolled in the Angloville programmes, however, you choose to cancel (fully or partially) your Placement, and you have started any component of the Scholarship – no refund is available.
- You are also required to comply with all deadlines for documentation to the Angloville team. In case the documentation, including but not limited to travel documentation, clean criminal record evidence is required and not provided within specified deadlines, your programme application may be void and no refund is possible.
7.5 Force majeure
Angloville will not pay any compensation if your Placement is cancelled, curtailed or delayed or in any way changed as a result of circumstances that any party could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include “acts of God”, without limitation, war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threats of such activity, riots or civil disturbances, adverse weather conditions, strikes, epidemic, pandemic, etc.
International participants arriving from epidemic areas, or those who remained in epidemic areas in periods preceding the Placement, may be requested to remain in quarantine according to any guidelines set by the local health authorities. As a result, if your placement is cancelled, curtailed or delayed the aforementioned policy will apply. Necessary travel cancellation and health insurance to cover for such situations should be obtained in advance by the participant.
8. Code of Conduct
Angloville aims at creating a safe, positive and pleasant experience for all its participants. This code of conduct sets out the standard of behaviour that is expected of International participants. This code of conduct is designed to help you get the most out of your Placement in a safe manner and provide consideration to other participants and other cultural beliefs during your Placement.
Please note that breaches of the code of conduct may result in your placement being terminated without compensation.
- It is necessary to listen to, comprehend and follow the advice and instructions of your local coordinators.
- As an International participant in an Angloville experience, it is necessary to act responsibly.
- Refrain from possessing and use of illegal substances, such as drugs. Authorities will be informed of each found case of possession or use of such substances and your placement will be terminated immediately.
- Respect, and seek to understand, the culture of the country you visit. This involves being open-minded, tolerant of the customs and behaviours of the local people.
- Be particularly sensitive about different attitudes towards sexual relationships in the country you visit, do not engage in any activities that can be considered inappropriate or illegal.
- Treat all other participants, students, local staff with respect and dignity.
- Dress appropriately at all times with regard to the culture you are surrounding yourself with.
- Do not leave the Venue for extended amounts of time without informing your local coordinators.
- Practise good personal hygiene.
- The Programme is to be run as per the schedule given by Angloville and should be strictly followed with timely start of activities each day.
8.2 At the placement
- Maintain a professional and a positive mental attitude throughout your Placement.
- Be an active participant, ask questions and be curious.
- Comply with all the activities (meals, conversation sessions, group activities, workshops, day trip and excursions, games, entertainment hour, etc). of the programme as scheduled by Angloville staff.
- Act as a cooperative, conscientious and professional member of the team. You are relied on as a dedicated member of the team by the local students and other participants.
- Abide by all the rules of the Placement, instructions given by local coordinators; respect other members of staff, other participants and students.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas and during breaks or free time.
- Each placement has a strict alcohol policy. It is forbidden to consume any alcoholic beverages during Angloville Junior and Kids Programmes.
- Treat all materials that you use during your Placement with care.
- Taking photos and videos on the premises of the venues should require the permission of a local coordinator.
- Participants should abide by regulations of the Venue hosting the Placement:
- you will be responsible for the tidiness of your room, any use of the room which exceeds natural use of the room may involve being charged an extra cleaning fee by the Venue;
- no outsiders are allowed on the premises of the Placement;
- as you may be sharing a room, please respect your roommate by refraining from creating nuisance and disturbances at especially, but not limited to, night-time;
- refrain from creating any damage to accommodation, premises, property. In case of any damage, you will need to cover the cost before leaving the property;
- settle any outstanding bills before leaving the property;
- stay at the accommodation / room allocated to you.
Angloville undertakes to offer a helpful and friendly approach to all Programme participants. However, Angloville reserves the right to take appropriate action in cases of breaches of the codes of conduct, which in our interpretation can impact the safety, well-being and comfort of other participants. Depending on the seriousness of the breach, disciplinary matters applied may involve termination of the placement with no refund, cancellation of future placement(s) with no refund and involving the local authorities. We treat health and safety very seriously.
8.3 Youth protection policy
The Angloville Legal Note & Code of Conduct offers guidelines outlining standards of behaviours when interacting with students on youth Programmes. These rules serve as a way of protecting students according to local laws but also as a healthy reminder to make sure the participants have a safe experience which will not lead to any legal consequences.
- No student is to be taken outside of the Venue’s premises without an agreement of a local coordinator.
- No student should be taken to a café or restaurant or be served any food or beverages unless permission has been given by a local coordinator.
- International participants are not allowed to visit student’s rooms.
- International participants are not permitted to share a bed or room with any student or allow the student to enter their rooms.
- International participants are not allowed to offer any presents without approval from a local coordinator.
- Taking photographs and videos of students is only allowed with permission from a local coordinator and photos/videos should not be taken in a way intended to harm any student or other participants.
- No behaviour intended to emotionally abuse, shame, humiliate or degrade students is acceptable.
- International participants are obliged to display appropriate language at all times.
- International participants are obliged to take extreme care when interacting physically with students. Under no circumstance should any physical contact be, or have the appearance of being sexual in any way at any point.
- Any use of physical force is strictly forbidden.
- Any consumption of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited during a Placement on Angloville Junior and Kids Programmes.
- Any form of discrimination, differential treatment or favouring of an individual at the cost of others is not allowed.
- International participants take full responsibility for their actions and reactions to students at all times with no exceptions.
- Inappropriate behaviour towards students, breaches of the current code of conduct or other legal breaches are grounds for disciplinary procedure including dismissal from the programme with no refund and at one’s expense and legal action undertaken by the authorities.
9. Data privacy
Angloville collects and processes personal data of International participants in accordance with relevant laws. The data controller is Angloville International.
The purpose of processing personal data is to provide information about Services and to provide Services themselves as well as, in case of consent from the International participant, delivering marketing messages related to the Service.
Basis for data processing: consent obtained voluntarily from users/International participants.
International participants are not obliged to provide their personal data, however the provision of Service in this case becomes impossible.
Angloville reserves the right to use any photo(s)/image(s)/video(s) Angloville or someone on Angloville’s behalf takes of International participants or any comments (written or verbal) International participants make during or in connection with their participation on the Placement for Angloville’s promotional and marketing purposes without obtaining further specific permission or making any payment to International participants. Such use may include mentioning name, age and town/city/area of residence.
Any feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (collectively “Feedback”), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Angloville shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from and distribute the feedback to others without limitation.
10. Closing stipulations
Angloville reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the services it offers from time to time. The most up to date version of the Terms and Conditions will always be available at www.angloville.com.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings and negotiations, regarding this subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended by course of conduct or otherwise, and may not be assigned in whole or in part, except in writing duly executed by Angloville and you.
These Terms and Conditions are severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.