Which Programme is for me?
Ideal for 18-35 year old volunteers. You will be mentoring teenagers aged 12-19 years old. A lot of games, sports, conversations and fun to be expected!
Ideal for 30+ yo volunteers. You will be mentoring adults. Days consist of 1 on 1 conversations with various professionals. Great opportunity to network and learn about local cultures.
Ideal for 18-35 year old volunteers. You will be mentoring kids aged 7-11 years old. A lot of games, sports, arts and craft workshops, simple conversations and fun to be expected!
What are my Commitments?
What will my day consist of?
Schedule & Activities
Typically, a volunteer spends with us from 4 to 8 weeks, combining various 3-11 day programmes into a longer package. Each programme is all about conversing, talking to people and sharing stories. During the whole programme, participants talk on average for around 70 hours. Angloville is a conversation-based event, we do not expect you to teach through books or theory. We will provide materials, but only to help stimulate diverse conversations. By the end of the week you will have many new friends.
We do not limit the format of the conversations and the participants are free to talk about anything they like, while enjoying a stroll, sporting, having a tea or coffee, etc.
Each Angloville venue offers various amenities ranging from indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, a jacuzzi, a sauna, table tennis and pool tables, etc. Enjoying what the venues have to offer is part of what makes Angloville such a unique and fun experience.
Understand Angloville from a student’s side
HOW IT WORKS:
Our participants typically spend 1-3 weeks on various programmes. We will review your application within a few business days
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Upon acceptance, pay a refundable application fee of 69 EUR (59 EUR back, with 10 EUR going to administrative fees), book your flights, your place can only be confirmed then
ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP (JUNIOR & KIDS PROGRAMS)
1) Organize your criminal record check: typically processed within 3-15 days, can be easily done online. 2) Ask a tutor/employer/person of public trust for a reference (we provide a template). 3) Book your flights. You are ready to spend up to 2 months exploring Europe with new friends!
ARRIVE AT START CITY
Typically, a day before the Program Start Date, there is a free city tour with lunch.
MEET YOUR GROUP
Meet at the meetup point in start cities on the morning of Day 1, the bus takes the group to the Venue
During the selected dates at the Venue, meet new international friends, enjoy meaningful conversations and have fun.
RETURN TO START CITY
In the evening of the last day, the bus takes the group back to start city
START YOUR NEXT WEEK WITH ANGLOVILLE
Meet new people, hear new stories
REQUEST YOUR REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE BACK
After you complete your last program, request a Refundable confirmation fee back within 21 days. We will get it delivered to you next Friday!
Requirements for Applicants:
- Be 18+ years old
- Be Native English Speaker / have native level of English
- Have completed High School
- Have appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility, good communication skills etc.)
- Enjoy talking to people and learning about new cultures
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have a clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Be ready to dedicate 1-8 weeks of your time to immerse yourself in different cultures
Travel Tips & Accommodation Tips:
To arrive to the start city look for good flight deals at Skyscanner.com . Consider budget airlines such as Wizzair, Ryanair or Easyjet.
Budget transport between start cities and within region can be found with
- Buses: Flixbus, Polskibus, LeoExpress
- Trains: Intercity.pl or LeoExpress
- Blablacar – shared car drives
Budget accommodation before and after programmes can be found on Booking.com, Hostels.com, Hostelworld.com and Airbnb. In your invitation, you will receive info about exact meetup and drop-off points in start cities, we suggest booking accommodation for before and after the programmes nearby. Accommodation during the programme dates (twin rooms with private bathrooms, a small percentage of rooms in certain hotels can occasionally be triple)
Whats’s included in Angloville?
- Accommodation during the programme dates. Accommodation during the programme dates (twin rooms with private bathrooms, a small percentage of rooms in certain hotels can occasionally be triple)
- Food during the programme duration
- Free city tours
- Transportation from the start city to the Venue and back
What’s not included?
- Flights and travel costs to start city
- Accommodation before and after the Programme (if required). Accommodation during the programme dates (twin rooms with private bathrooms, a small percentage of rooms in certain hotels can occasionally be triple)
- Health & Travel Insurance
- For Junior and Kids programs, a fee to obtain a criminal record check (typically 20 – 30 EUR) paid to third party eligible institution of your choice, covers you for 1-8 weeks of volunteering!
- For Junior & Kids and selection of Adult programmes, a fully Refundable confirmation fee of 59 EUR
YOUR SAFETY IS OF HIGHEST IMPORTANCE TO US. IT IS, THEREFORE, REQUIRED THAT WE ARE INFORMED ABOUT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS OF THE VOLUNTEERS THAT COME ON THE PROGRAMME AT THE MOMENT OF THE APPLICATION.
ALL PROGRAMS: Refundable confirmation fee
We only charge 10 euros for volunteering and administrative fees. However, we do ask for a small Refundable confirmation fee (59 EUR) to confirm your spot for Junior & Kids and selection of Adult programmes as we are booking your board and accommodation (for 1-3 weeks) with external partner hotels during requested programs.
The Refundable confirmation fee for Junior & Kids and Adult programmes is fully refundable upon successful completion of all declared programmes on registration, completion of all activities, adherence to the law and camp regulations, included but not limited to, the health and safety regulations.
JUNIOR AND KIDS PROGRAMS: CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
To participate in Angloville Junior & Kids programs, all volunteers are required to provide a criminal background check before being able to be fully enrolled. The background check requirement is a key part of the Health & Safety and Youth Protection Policy.
Please allow sufficient time to acquire the document before departure, processing times may vary depending on your country of origin (typically 3-15 days, but please doublecheck in your country). The document must be issued in English (or with a certified English translation) and within 6 months of your arrival date.
Angloville has identified a few organizations that may help you obtain your criminal background check in a speedy way, yet Angloville bears no responsibility for the quality of service provided, please use your own judgment. The cost is covered by the volunteer.
NZ – https://www.justice.govt.nz/criminal-records/get-your-own/
JUNIOR AND KIDS PROGRAMS: REFERENCES
We will ask you to provide brief references from your tutor, employer, person of public trust (doctor, lawyer, chartered accountant, priest, public school teacher) regarding your eligibility to work with minors. We will provide a template to facilitate the process.