Which Programme is for me?
Ideal for 18-29 year old volunteers. You will be mentoring teenagers aged 12-19 years old. A lot of games, sports, conversations and fun to be expected!
Ideal for 30+ yo volunteers. You will be mentoring adults. Days consist of 1 on 1 conversations with various professionals. Great opportunity to network and learn about local cultures.
Ideal for 18-29 year old volunteers. You will be mentoring kids aged 7-11 years old. A lot of games, sports, arts and craft workshops, simple conversations and fun to be expected!
What are my Commitments?
What will my day consist of?
Schedule & Activities
Typically, a volunteer spends with us from 4 to 8 weeks, combining various 3-11 day programmes into a longer package. Each programme is all about conversing, talking to people and sharing stories. During the whole programme, participants talk on average for around 70 hours. Angloville is a conversation-based event, we do not expect you to teach through books or theory. We will provide materials, but only to help stimulate diverse conversations. By the end of the week you will have many new friends.
We do not limit the format of the conversations and the participants are free to talk about anything they like, while enjoying a stroll, sporting, having a tea or coffee, etc.
Each Angloville venue offers various amenities ranging from indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, a jacuzzi, a sauna, table tennis and pool tables, etc. Enjoying what the venues have to offer is part of what makes Angloville such a unique and fun experience.
Understand Angloville from a student’s side
HOW IT WORKS:
Our participants typically spend 3-8 weeks on various programmes. We will review your application within a few business days
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Upon acceptance, book your flights, your place is confirmed upon receipt of travel details
ARRIVE AT START CITY
Typically, a day before the Program Start Date, there is a free city tour with lunch.
MEET YOUR GROUP
Meet at the meetup point in start cities on the morning of Day 1, the bus takes the group to the Venue
During the selected dates at the Venue, meet new international friends, enjoy meaningful conversations and have fun.
RETURN TO START CITY
In the evening of the last day, the bus takes the group back to start city
START YOUR NEXT WEEK WITH ANGLOVILLE
Meet new people, hear new stories
Requirements for Applicants:
- Be 18+ years old
- Be Native English Speaker / have native level of English
- Have completed High School
- Have appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility, good communication skills etc.)
- Enjoy talking to people and learning about new cultures
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have a clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Be ready to dedicate 1-8 weeks of your time to immerse yourself in different cultures
Travel Tips & Accommodation Tips:
To arrive to the start city look for good flight deals at Skyscanner.com . Consider budget airlines such as Wizzair, Ryanair or Easyjet.
Budget transport between start cities and within region can be found with
- Buses: Flixbus, Polskibus, LeoExpress
- Trains: Intercity.pl or LeoExpress
- Blablacar – shared car drives
Budget accommodation before and after programmes can be found on Booking.com, Hostels.com, Hostelworld.com and Airbnb. In your invitation, you will receive info about exact meetup and drop-off points in start cities, we suggest booking accommodation for before and after the programmes nearby.
Whats’s included in Angloville?
- Accommodation during the programme dates
- Food during the programme duration
- Free city tours
- Transportation from the start city to the Venue and back
What’s not included?
- Flights and travel costs to start city
- Accommodation before and after the Programme (if required)
- Health & Travel Insurance
We do not charge any participation fees for volunteering in Angloville.
YOUR SAFETY IS OF HIGHEST IMPORTANCE TO US. IT IS, THEREFORE, REQUIRED THAT WE ARE INFORMED ABOUT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS OF THE VOLUNTEERS THAT COME ON THE PROGRAMME AT THE MOMENT OF THE APPLICATION.