Explore Asia while getting paid: 5 countries where to teach English
You have a lot of questions and you just don’t know where to start but worry not, we’ve got you covered with our top 5 ranking for the teaching lifestyles offered in different Asian countries.
Here are our top five countries where you can teach English in Asia:
Thai life is very laid-back. You’ll be living the good life and have time to explore the beautiful country. Thailand is known for its spicy food, smiley people and waterfalls. Live it up and explore this amazing country.
- Expected monthly salary: $800-1,200 USD for working 40 hours at a government school, but only 18 of those hours will be spent teaching.
- Living expenses: One-bedroom apartment: $100-300 USD per month; typical meal $1-3 USD.
Learn more about Thailand Paid Internship Program
China is becoming a popular destination for ESL Teachers as they seek progress in global communication. It’s a great opportunity to save money and explore this vast country. China is known for its history, culture and a growing economy.
- Expected Monthly Salary: $1,200-2,800 USD teaching 16-30 hours and even at an after-school academy. Many perks are given like housing allowance and reimbursed flights.
- Living expenses: One-bedroom apartment: $300-600 USD per month; typical meal: $2-5 USD.
Learn more about China Paid Internship Program and
3. South Korea
South Korea is known for its beauty industry, K-pop and having the biggest drinking culture in the world. It’s a highly sought-after position, so it might be hard for beginners to find a job as fast and there is a lot of paperwork involved: the good news is Angloville and PremierTEFL are here to help you and facilitate your application file!
- Expected monthly salary: $1,500-2,700 USD for working 22 to 30 hours at an after-school academy, with probably the best perks in all of the Asian TELF/ESL market.
- Living expenses: A one-bedroom apartment is $500-800 USD per month, but according to Korean laws your contractor must provide you with an apartment; typical meal is $5-10 USD
Vietnam has beautiful French architecture, markets galore, and world class beaches such as Ha Long Bay. Short working hours means more time for exploring this exotic country. There’s a good opportunity to save money.
- Expected monthly salary: $900-1800 USD for working 18 to 25 teaching hours at an after-school academy.
- Living expenses: One-bedroom apartment: $300-450 USD per month; typical meal: $1-3 USD.
Learn more about Vietnam Paid Internship Program and Vietnam Job Placement Program
Hong Kong has a great vibe and the majority of the population speaks English. However, I’ve placed it Fifth on my list due to the cosmopolitan lifestyle of spending a lot of money and crowded living arrangements.
Expected monthly salary: $1,700-3,500 USD for working 20 to 40 hours at an English academy. Not many perks given but holidays are paid for.
Living expenses: One-bedroom apartment: $1500-2,000 USD per month; typical meal: $5-12 USD.
Learn more about Hong Kong Job Placement Program