AngloTEFL or CELTA: How to choose?
Since 2011, Angloville is proud to recruit over 4 000 mentors and help 500 of them to become professional ESL teachers every year. Our programme is a stepping stone to a teaching career and a long-term journey across the world. Many of our alumni live abroad now and Asia is their favorite destination, in particular China, Thailand, Hong-kong or Vietnam. Why not join them?
Why to become a teacher ?
In case you haven’t heard, teaching is not only a rewarding career, it is challenging and constantly evolving. Especially when it comes to teaching ESL (English as a Second Language), an exciting career with endless possibilities! Why ESL though? Perhaps you’d like to help people learn a new skill or give them tools to improve their quality of life? Perhaps you’d like to meet new people from all over their world and share their culture? Or you simply are looking for a career with opportunities all around the world. No matter the reason, teaching english can take you where you want to go!
Why is Angloville a reference on the ESL certifications market?
With the quality of training offered by Angloville, whether it be our formal qualifications or volunteer programs, it’s no surprise Angloville is recognised around the world for our ESL qualifications! So no matter your goal with ESL, Angloville has the right training and advice for you!
It can sometimes be tricky knowing where to start – not to worry, we can help!
AngloTEFL vs CELTA
AngloTEFL is one of the most known English teaching qualifications on the ESL market. If you want to be a part-time teacher and you are looking for a first job, AngloTEFL is the training you need.
- 120 hour online course (10 modules)
- Tutorial support via email
- 3 week real life teaching with Angloville (optional)
- Possibility of long term internships and paid jobs (optional)
- 100% online course
- Take the course at your own pace during 90 days
- Best deals on the ESL market with Angloville
- English native-like command of English
- Students, part-time employees, retirees who want an additional income
- A really good stepping stone to start an ESL career and travel the world
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Advanced teaching skills and professionalism
- Private students, face to face or online 1:1 classes
- Online schools such as Tutlo
- Local English schools abroad
CELTA is the most importantly recognised English teaching qualification in the world. If you want to be a professional teacher or if you want to teach at the best foreign schools and prove your teaching skills with a prestigious certificate, CELTA is the training you need.
- 120 hour live instruction by experienced tutors
- Tutorial support and consultation
- 6 hours of observing lessons taught with ELT professionals
- 80 additional learning hours for pre-course preparation, reading, research, assignment writing, lesson preparation, etc
- 100% online course until June 2021
- 4 intense week course
- Accredited by the University of Cambridge
- Worldwide recognized certification
- English native-like command of English
- Anyone who wants to start a professional ESL teaching career
- Recommended to integrate the best English Schools abroad
- No Expiry Date: the certificate is obtained for life
- According to Cambridge, almost 12,000 candidates take the CELTA course annually of which 3-5% fail the course.
- Required by all the most reputed international schools
- Since 2015, 70% of job advertisements specifically request the CELTA and In the UK alone, 91% of employers want their teachers to have the CELTA.
Get started now
No matter your reasons for considering a career in teaching ESL, there’s no better place to get experience and/or qualifications than Angloville. Part of a global community, our world class training and global opportunities will not only give you the best possible start, but set you up on the path for success as well!
No matter whether you’re considering our AngloTEFL, CELTA, or volunteering on one of our various programs, you’ve come to the right place!
Angloville has been featured in Lonely Planet, Forbes, Fashion Magazine (Canada), The Travel Magazine and Glasgow Guardian – Just to name a few. We have over 8000 participants annually in 8 countries, benefiting themselves and others thanks to our training. We are also backed by our prestigious partners in Europe: