The Angloville Adult programme is a great opportunity for native English speakers to help local participants – successful professionals from various walks of life – improve their English language skills. Throughout these programmes you will learn about the local culture and meet like-minded travelers from around the world.
Who are the participants?
What will my day consist of?
Schedule & Activities
You will be doing mostly 1-on-1 (one student – one native speaker) conversational sessions but the programmes consist of group activities, telephone sessions, pronunciation sessions, and negotiations as well.
The first day starts with getting to know each other and a programme introduction. Starting from the afternoon you will participate in ice-breakers and the first speaking sessions. Each day you will take part in various 50 minute sessions; you will also work with your assigned mentee on their presentation.
Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) take an hour each and additionally, there is 1,5 hour of free time. After the whole day of sessions and activities, you will have a chance to rest and have fun in the evening during the entertainment hour and social time. You are welcome to introduce and lead your favourite games! At the end of the programme, all students will show their presentations and you will all receive the Angloville certificate of participation.
Topics and materials are always provided, but we do not limit the format of the conversations and the participants are free to talk about anything they like, while enjoying a stroll, sporting, having a tea or coffee, etc.
Each Angloville venue offers various amenities ranging from indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, a jacuzzi, a sauna, table tennis and pool tables, etc. Enjoying what the venues have to offer is part of what makes Angloville such a unique and fun experience.
We invite you to participate in our free walking tour of your departure city! The tours take place one day before the programmes usually between 10 am and 2 pm. They are not mandatory but you will have a chance to see the most beautiful places, get to know the history of the city, and eat a free lunch with some of your fellow volunteers.
Programme versions and details
Regular Angloville Adult programmes take 6 days between Sunday and Friday.
The Angloville Extended Adult program is the longer 9-day version of the program where you work with mostly business professionals.
- Start: Sunday (between 6am and 12 pm)
- End: Friday (between 4 pm and 8 pm) or Sunday (extended programme, between 4pm and 8 pm)
- Free walking tour: Saturday – one day before the programme (between 10 am and 2 pm)
Accommodation & meals:
- Programmes are typically organized in 3-4 star countryside hotels, available amenities are described under Angloville venues.
- As a volunteer you will be accommodated in a shared twin room with a fellow native-speaker of the same sex. A small percentage of rooms could occassionally be triple.
- All rooms have a private bathroom.
- Meals consist of a buffet breakfast, 2 or 3 set courses for lunch and 1 or 2 set courses for dinner. If you have any dietary restrictions, please conact our recruitment team in advance.
- Some venues may not be able to cater to certain dietary needs (e.g. vegan), please contact our recruitment team to confirm whether the selected accommodation has the option you desire.
- Meals typically reflect the local cousine of the country/region, which may be different from what you are accustomed to at home (e.g. in Poland, people typically eat a lot more meat and potatoes).