What experiences have others had with Angloville?
People are constantly sharing their experiences about Angloville. Below are a few. If you’d like us to get you in touch with some Angloville veterans, let us know!
Am I getting paid?
Angloville experience is a non-paid volunteering initiative.
What is provided free of charge:
- shared accommodation in a minimum 3-star hotel, in a twin or apartment style room depending on the venue
- three meals a day
- free transport to and from the venue in the countryside
- a free city tour around Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznań, Budapest, Bucharest or Prague (depending on the starting point of your particular programme)
What is NOT included in Angloville?
- Extra expenses (souvenirs, bar expenses etc) during the programme,
- Any accommodation before the programme and after, should you require it,
- Any flights to and from a starting city, and back home,
- Travel and health insurance (Mandatory). For EU nationals, please obtain a European Health Insurance Card from your GP.
Who are the English-speaking participants?
The English-speaking participants are volunteers who come from all over the English-speaking world. They come from different professional backgrounds and represent various age groups. They can be social workers, students, teachers, activists or economists etc. The age of our participants typically ranges from university age to people of about seventy-years-old. Our objective is to have a diverse group of interesting people representing different environments with lots of experience and stories to tell. They are happy to share their culture and like to help non-English speakers improve their language skills.
When do I need to arrive in Poland / Hungary / Romania / Czech Republic?
We recommend arriving at least one day before the start of the programme to attend the free city tour. Attendance at the city tour is not mandatory, yet we strongly recommend it. It will give you a chance to learn about the city and country you’re in, and will also give you an early introduction to the English speaking group you’ll be spending your week with. The tour is free as is the lunch at the end of the tour.
Free city tour – what’s the schedule?
The tour usually starts at 12:00 PM and lunch starts at 2:30 PM. Typically, you’re done by around 5:00 PM. Keep in mind your lodging is not covered for the evening after the tour/lunch in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznań, Budapest, Bucharest or Prague (depending on where your particular trip departs from). Your free accommodation begins the following day upon arrival at the Angloville venue.
Departure Time. Going to the venue.
On the first day of the programme, the Angloville Bus leaves the city between 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM depending on the location of the hotel venue. You can check the Angloville venues here. Generally, you should be in the base city at 8:00 AM at the latest on the first day of the programme. Please note that detailed information about the meeting point and exact time of departure will be send to you around 3 weeks before the programme starts.
- 24-29 January (Chojnik Hotel, dep. from Wrocław)
The Angloville Bus leaves Wrocław city centre at 10:00 AM on the 24th of January, which means you shall get to the venue at around 1:00 PM.
Arrival Time. Going back to the city centre.
The Angloville Bus leaves the hotel venue at around 2:00 PM on the last day of the programme, which means you shall be back in the city centre late afternoon, between 4:00 pm – 6:00 PM (depending on the location of the hotel venue). You can check the Angloville venues here. You can book your return flight on the last day of the programme but we strongly advise no sooner than 9:00 PM.
- 24-29 January (Chojnik Hotel, dep. from Wrocław)
The Angloville Bus leaves Chojnik Hotel at 2:00 PM on the 29th of January, which means you shall get to the Wrocław city centre at around 5:00 PM.
How can I get my Anglo-TEFL deposit back?
A refundable deposit of £65 is required to complete your application for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship if you choose the three week program package, this must be paid for prior in full at time of applying – a £15.00 administration fee is applicable during your recruitment process.
Candidates are responsible for claiming the £50 refundable element within 21 days of completing* the full Scholarship, after 21 days no refund is possible.
*The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship is completed and you can claim your deposit back when:
- You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programs you were scheduled for
- You completed the online component of the Scholarship: your online TEFL course
Does Angloville pay for my Travel?
No, Angloville doesn’t provide flights or transport to the starting city of your chosen programme. Here are some tips on budget travel.
You can compare cheap flights to our starting cities on sites like www.skyscanner.com. Budget airlines that typically fly to our starting cities are: Wizzair, RyanAir, EasyJet. If you book early, you may find a really good deal!
Another tip for budget travel is to check out options for your commute such as blablacar, this website allows you to connect with people travelling to the same destination, people sign up to offer rides at a discounted price to those who need it. You can check the drivers reviews and credentials on their profile to be sure that you will travel in ease and comfort at a low rate.
Alternatively you can find cheap bus travel with companies like Flixbus, Polskibus, Ecolines, LuxExpress, LeoExpress. These companies cover long journeys across Europe for budget prices. Again, booking early is the name of the game!
Compare cheap accommodation for before and after your programme on sites such as
Hostelworld, hostels.com and booking.com.
Angloville has partner hostels in cities such as Budapest and Warsaw.
If you want a central location close to angloville meeting points for a good price check out Warsaw Hostel Centrum – Warsaw; or if you’re in Budapest you can stay at Marco Polo Ho(s)tel, Maverick City Lodge or Wombat’s Hostel.
You can see more information about these hostels on our partner Hostels page: https://angloville.com/partner-hostels
You are welcome to apply if you:
- Are aged 18+ for junior programs and aged 21+ for adult programs
- Are a native English speaker
- Have a passport from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada or the United States
- Have completed High School
- Have appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility etc.)
- Have ability to cope with challenges, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity
- Have a range of hobbies and interests
- Have a clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Have an interest in meeting new people and learning about new cultures
You need to be ready to complete the required Angloville teaching practice programs in different locations across Central and Eastern Europe.
Open-mindedness and kindness are key to being a good participant in Angloville. If you enjoy new cultures, experiences, and people, this will undoubtedly be a wonderful opportunity for you.