What experiences have others had with Angloville?
People are constantly sharing their experiences about Angloville. Below are a few. If you’d like us to get you in touch with some Angloville veterans, let us know!
Am I getting paid?
Angloville experience is a non-paid volunteering initiative.
What is provided free of charge:
- shared accommodation in a minimum 3-star hotel, in a twin or apartment style room depending on the venue
- three meals a day
- free transport to and from the venue in the countryside
- a free city tour around Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznań, Budapest, Bucharest or Prague (depending on the starting point of your particular programme)
What is included in Angloville?
- Free accommodation for all action-packed days (twin rooms with private bathrooms, a small percentage of rooms in certain hotels can occasionally be triple).
- Free food (3 meals at minimum)
- A free tour (lunch included) of the starting city.
- Free transportation from the starting city to the venue and back.
- Invaluable experience with local professionals / youth from Central and Eastern Europe.
- Opportunity to become TEFL qualified via Anglo-TEFL Scholarship.
What is NOT included in Angloville?
- Extra expenses (souvenirs, bar expenses etc) during the programme,
- Any accommodation before the programme and after, should you require it,
- Any flights to and from a starting city, and back home,
- Travel and health insurance (Mandatory). For EU nationals, please obtain a European Health Insurance Card from your GP.
Who are the English-speaking participants?
The English-speaking participants are volunteers who come from all over the English-speaking world. They come from different professional backgrounds and represent various age groups. They can be social workers, students, teachers, activists or economists etc. The age of our participants typically ranges from university age to people of about seventy-years-old. Our objective is to have a diverse group of interesting people representing different environments with lots of experience and stories to tell. They are happy to share their culture and like to help non-English speakers improve their language skills.
When do I need to arrive in Poland / Hungary / Romania / Czech Republic?
We recommend arriving at least one day before the start of the programme to attend the free city tour. Attendance at the city tour is not mandatory, yet we strongly recommend it. It will give you a chance to learn about the city and country you’re in, and will also give you an early introduction to the English speaking group you’ll be spending your week with. The tour is free as is the lunch at the end of the tour.
Free city tour – what’s the schedule?
The tour usually starts at 12:00 PM and lunch starts at 2:30 PM. Typically, you’re done by around 5:00 PM. Keep in mind your lodging is not covered for the evening after the tour/lunch in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznań, Budapest, Bucharest or Prague (depending on where your particular trip departs from). Your free accommodation begins the following day upon arrival at the Angloville venue.
Departure Time. Going to the venue.
On the first day of the programme, the Angloville Bus leaves the city between 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM depending on the location of the hotel venue. You can check the Angloville venues here. Generally, you should be in the base city at 8:00 AM at the latest on the first day of the programme. Please note that detailed information about the meeting point and exact time of departure will be send to you around 3 weeks before the programme starts.
- 24-29 January (Chojnik Hotel, dep. from Wrocław)
The Angloville Bus leaves Wrocław city centre at 10:00 AM on the 24th of January, which means you shall get to the venue at around 1:00 PM.
Arrival Time. Going back to the city centre.
The Angloville Bus leaves the hotel venue at around 2:00 PM on the last day of the programme, which means you shall be back in the city centre late afternoon, between 4:00 pm – 6:00 PM (depending on the location of the hotel venue). You can check the Angloville venues here. You can book your return flight on the last day of the programme but we strongly advise no sooner than 9:00 PM.
- 24-29 January (Chojnik Hotel, dep. from Wrocław)
The Angloville Bus leaves Chojnik Hotel at 2:00 PM on the 29th of January, which means you shall get to the Wrocław city centre at around 5:00 PM.
How can I get my Anglo-TEFL Refundable confirmation fee back?
A Refundable confirmation fee of 69 EUR is required to complete your application for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship if you choose the three week program package, this must be paid for prior in full at time of applying – a EUR 19.00 administration fee is applicable during your recruitment process.
Candidates are responsible for claiming the EUR 50 refundable element within 21 days of completing* the full Scholarship, after 21 days no refund is possible.
*The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship is completed and you can claim your Refundable confirmation fee back when:
- You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programs you were scheduled for
- You completed the online component of the Scholarship: your online TEFL course
Does Angloville pay for my Travel?
No, Angloville doesn’t provide flights or transport to the starting city of your chosen programme. Here are some tips on budget travel.
You can compare cheap flights to our starting cities on sites like www.skyscanner.com. Budget airlines that typically fly to our starting cities are: Wizzair, RyanAir, EasyJet. If you book early, you may find a really good deal!
Another tip for budget travel is to check out options for your commute such as blablacar, this website allows you to connect with people travelling to the same destination, people sign up to offer rides at a discounted price to those who need it. You can check the drivers reviews and credentials on their profile to be sure that you will travel in ease and comfort at a low rate.
Alternatively you can find cheap bus travel with companies like Flixbus, Polskibus, Ecolines, LuxExpress, LeoExpress. These companies cover long journeys across Europe for budget prices. Again, booking early is the name of the game!
Compare cheap accommodation for before and after your programme on sites such as
Hostelworld, hostels.com and booking.com.
Angloville has partner hostels in cities such as Budapest and Warsaw.
If you want a central location close to angloville meeting points for a good price check out Warsaw Hostel Centrum – Warsaw; or if you’re in Budapest you can stay at Marco Polo Ho(s)tel, Maverick City Lodge or Wombat’s Hostel.
You can see more information about these hostels on our partner Hostels page: https://angloville.com/partner-hostels
Do I need to provide a clean criminal record?
To participate in an Angloville Junior programme, all volunteers are required to provide a criminal background check before being able to be fully enrolled. The background check requirement is a key part of the Health & Safety and Youth Protection Policy.
Please allow sufficient time to acquire the document before departure, processing times may vary depending on your country of origin. The document must be issued in English (or with a certified English translation) and within 6 months of your arrival date.
Angloville has identified a few organizations that may help you obtain your criminal background check in a speedy way of which it informs on www.angloville.com, yet Angloville bears no responsibility for the quality of service provided, please use your own judgment.
- USA – https://www.sentrylink.com/web/criminal-check.action
- Canada – http://www.backcheck.net/criminalrecordchecks.htm
- UK – https://www.mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/apply-for-basic-disclosure/
- AUS – https://policecheckexpress.com.au/individuals/
- NZ – https://www.justice.govt.nz/criminal-records/get-your-own/
Why do I have to transfer a Refundable confirmation fee?
Since we are booking accommodation and food in a partner hotel for you for 1-8 weeks, to confirm your spot we will require a 69 EUR Refundable confirmation fee for Junior & Kids and selection of Adult programmes, which is fully refundable upon completion of your programme. It must be paid within 3 days. All payments must be made electronically in EUR via a link provided by Angloville in the confirmation email.
The Refundable confirmation fee must be paid in full at time of confirming your spot by a payment link Angloville is unable to confirm your participation without a paid refundable confirmation fee.
Candidates are responsible for claiming the 69 EUR refund within 21 days of completing the full Placement, after 21 days no refund is possible.
The Placement is completed and you can claim your Refundable confirmation fee back when:
1.You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programmes you were scheduled for.
2.. The Placement is completed and you can claim your Refundable confirmation fee back when:
- You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programmes you were scheduled for.
- You completed all activities, adhered to the local law, adhered to present Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to, the health and safety regulations.
- In case of Junior Programmes, you adhered to the Youth Protection Policy described below.
The Refundable confirmation fee will be refunded to the same bank account / card from which it had been paid.
You are welcome to apply if you:
- Are aged 18+ for junior programs and aged 21+ for adult programs
- Are a native English speaker
- Have a passport from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada or the United States
- Have completed High School
- Have appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility etc.)
- Have ability to cope with challenges, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity
- Have a range of hobbies and interests
- Have a clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Have an interest in meeting new people and learning about new cultures
You need to be ready to complete the required Angloville teaching practice programs in different locations across Central and Eastern Europe.
Open-mindedness and kindness are key to being a good participant in Angloville. If you enjoy new cultures, experiences, and people, this will undoubtedly be a wonderful opportunity for you.