Have you ever dreamt of taking your career abroad? Wondering about experiencing a new place, discovering a new culture, as well as meeting new comrades? Welcome to the world of working abroad! But wait, there’s more – you must first know these things before bursting with excitement:
- Choose your destination wisely
Are you having a hard time deciding on your next place of work? You probably have a place in your mind that you dreamt about and is on your bucket list. Here are some tips on the places where you could best spend your time abroad :
- Poland – located in a great central location in Europe. The most popular cities where you will have a chance to work for a global company are Warsaw, Krakow or Wroclaw. Did you know that this country has one of the highest rates of English as a second language in the world, and there are a lot of job opportunities for multilingual people? Yes, you heard it right!
- Czech Republic – called ‘a superstar for working abroad’ in a recent survey on expat life. This country was also ranked 10th in overall quality of life in the Internations Expat Insider guide for top expat destinations.
- Hungary – also located in Central Europe. It is known for its excellent work and living standards. Larger cities such as Budapest, Miskolc, and Debrecen offer quality employment opportunities. You should not miss this place as there are a lot of interesting facts about the country.
- Do I have enough funds?
- Of course, traveling isn’t free. You must be sure that you are financially ready before considering working abroad. Thus, take this opportunity as an investment from your side. At least some money should always be by your side when traveling abroad.
You should also consider that going from one country to another could require a Visa. Also, don’t forget that you will need to have a travel ticket before traveling. Friendly reminder: Don’t forget to book flexible or refundable flight tickets, as it will be easier to modify your itinerary at short notice.
Also, you need to take into consideration your accommodation. There are jobs abroad that you must consider which offer free board and lodging for such a period. Find out more about this opportunity here.
You don’t want to be empty-handed going to a different place, therefore, you must not forget to bring extra money with you. Just in case you need it.
- Volunteering and traveling for free
- You may also consider volunteering when you are abroad. Did you know that Angloville, which is the widely known provider of language immersion programmes in Central Europe, offers this kind of opportunity?
Well, they have you covered! If you are ready to try yourself out as an English mentor and volunteer in Europe with free food and accommodation (covered by Angloville) here’s a cool opportunity for you: if you are a native English speaker, you can join more than 8000 happy volunteers at Angloville and teach English in Central Europe.
As a native English speaker, you stay in one of our venues in Europe for 3 weeks and help European students improve their English through a series of conversations and fun-packed activities. You will be a conversation partner. Join thousands of happy volunteers here at Angloville!
- Traveling while working is a must!
- You see, you don’t want to go abroad to work and work throughout your entire life. For some time, you need to take a break, explore, and be social in your new place. Enjoy the beauty of nature and the perfect scenery of your chosen place.
You can find a job that perfectly fits these criteria: you are traveling as well as working. This is what Angloville offers you. Exploring new places, discovering new cultures, doing what you love (traveling), socialising with your new-found friends, and doing all this at the same time as receiving free local food and accommodation.
- Do I need Insurance?
- When traveling, the most important thing you must consider is yourself. You must not just travel by chance. You should always consider your health and safety. We should not forget the fact that traveling is fun but our health is still our priority. It would be more fun to travel with a healthy body and mind!
Tip: You can buy additional travel insurance with your plane tickets. Visa Premier and MasterCard offer you health and travel insurance, so check with your bank.
Don’t know what country you want to go next? You might want to take a look at our programmes’ locations.
Travel and teach at the same time with us.